FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS POLICY
Did we provide you with great service?
We would love to hear from you by phone or in writing if you have positive feedback about our services and staff. You can write us a letter or telephone us.
Are you unhappy with our service?
South West Sydney Legal Centre is committed to ensuring that any person or organisation using any of our services or affected by our operations has the right to lodge a complaint or to appeal our decisions, and have their concerns addressed in a way that ensures access and equity, fairness, accountability and transparency.
Who can complain?
Any person with a genuine interest can make a complaint, including clients, relatives or friends of clients.
What you can complain about?
- Quality of service
- Refusal of service
- Our practices, policies or procedures
- Actions/behaviour of staff
- Any other reasonable matter
Who you can complain to?
Initially your complaint should be made to the staff member you have been dealing with or that staff member’s Manager. If you are unhappy with the response, you can contact our Executive Officer.
You have the right to an advocate, support person or interpreter when lodging a complaint. Please tell our staff if you require this assistance.
How you can make a complaint?
- Over the phone by calling 9601 7777
- In person by making an appointment to visit our Centre. Call 9601 7777 for an appointment
- In writing to the Executive Officer, South West Sydney Legal Centre, PO Box 1042, Liverpool BC, 1871
What we will do:
- Register your complaint and verbally give you information regarding the complaints handling process
- Inform you by letter within 10 working days about the progress of your formal complaint
- Inform you by letter the outcome of your formal complaint within 21 working days of receiving your complaint
- Inform you of any further action you may be able to take, including the appeals process
Further information on our Feedback and Complaints Policy is available by speaking with our Executive Officer on 9601 7777.